Aims of course
To improve staff's awareness in manual handling and demonstrate safe practice and to understand the risks associated with manual handling. This course does not include hoist training as that is a separate course, but they can be delivered together. Please contact CTC to discuss your requirements if necessary.
The learner will:
- Be aware of statistics on back pain associated with bad manual handling techniques
- Have greater awareness of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Have an awareness of ergonomics
- Have knowledge of the spinal anatomy and mechanics
- Know how to take care of your back
- Have a degree of competence in demonstrating the principles of manual handling techniques
Note - this course generally runs as a half-day session at our premises. We can run the course in house for you at any suitable location - please contact us for further information.