Royal Society for Public Health - Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Aims of the course:
To provide an understanding of the principles of food safety and how to apply knowledge to control hazards and prevent food poisoning.
At the end of the course learners will undertake a 45 minute multiple choice test.
The learner will
- Have an understanding of basic microbiology, food contamination and the prevention of food poisoning
- Knowledge of food poisoning and foodborne diseases
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Have knowledge of food pests and control
- Understand the importance of cleaning and disinfection
- Understand the importance of food safety legislation
Note - this course generally runs as two half day sessions at our premises. We can run the course in house for you at any suitable location - please contact us for further information. The course is also available as an awareness session (i.e. no test at the end of the session), certificated by CTC with the price adjusted accordingly.