OCNWM - Contribute to the Management of Epilepsy
QCF credit value of 3
This QCF unit, which carries a credit value of 3, involves a one day trainer lead session. The learner will need to complete an assessment folder in accordance with guidelines from the trainer.
The learner will
- Understand what epilepsy is.
- Understand the different types of seizures and the causes of epilepsy
- Know what are the available treatments for epilepsy and what to do in the event of a seizure
- Know emergency first aid procedures.
- Learn the theory and practical (simulation) administration of Buccal medication.
The course also covers epilepsy protocols, risk assessments and additional sources of information