OCNWM - Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
QCF credit value of 2
This QCF unit, which carries a credit value of 2, involves a half day trainer lead session. The learner will need to complete an assessment folder in accordance with guidelines from the trainer.
The learner will:
- Understand the areas in which individuals with an autistic spectrum condition characteristically have difficulties.
- Understand the concept of autism as a spectrum, and the implications for variation in the capacities and needs of individuals.
- Understand the behaviours exhibited by some individuals with an autistic spectrum condition.
- Understand how to contribute to the person-centred support of an individual who has an autistic spectrum condition.
- Understand how to communicate effectively with individuals on the autistic spectrum.
Note - this course generally runs as a half day session at our premises. We can run the course in house for you at any suitable location - please contact us for further information. The course is also available as an awareness session (ie no assessment folder), certificated by CTC with the price adjusted accordingly.